McDonald’s Digital Menu Boards CMS
- Coates calls itself “global technology company specializing in digital merchandising solutions”
- Coates names single global Digital Menu Board CMS provider
- One of two approved hardware providers
- Five year agreement
- Acrelec was founded by two former McDonald’s employees in early 2000, Jacques Mangeot and Jalel Souissi, who aimed to reimagine the customer experience through innovative self-order kiosks and drive thru technology and solutions. Acrelec counts over 80,000 installations in 80 countries.
- From Sixteen Nine
- pretty sure STRATACACHE has the software deal in the US with McDonald’s, and has had that for many years.
- Stratacache uses LG displays. Coates uses Samsung. Acrelec too?
- There is global McDonald’s and then there are the country operations. I’m not sure how a global deal works, as the countries can make their own decisions
- To a certain extent this deal reminds us of Ziver Birg and McDonalds kiosks. Great marketing and he sold to Verifone for a nice bit of change.
Switchboard™ content management system is a web-based, data-driven, scalable platform created by Coates specifically for QSR environments. It’s a key component in Coates’ complete digital merchandising solution designed to create, distribute, and display digital media to generate customer engagement. Switchboard™ uses real time data and rich analytics to orchestrate a seamless customer journey by showing the right product, to the right customer, at the right time, all while increasing revenue and driving ROI.